Sunday, August 28, 2011

A. Lincoln

I just finished reading this 2009 best-selling autobiography of Abraham Lincoln by Ronald C. White, Jr.  Normally, biographies do not show up on my reading list, so I was a bit apprehensive when I picked up this 796-page tome. I was pleasantly surprised to find this book a tremendously engaging read.  It is full of political intrigue, Civil War strategy, and well describes Lincoln's growth from small-town lawyer to the commanding leader of a growing nation.  Lincoln's eloquent speeches take center stage in this narrative, illuminating the sharp mind, the sense of fairness, the ability to navigate treacherous political and interpersonal situations, and the growing faith that this great man possessed.

White, Ronald C.  A. Lincoln: a biography. New York: Random House, 2009.
Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment